Friday, July 31, 2009

What can I do when I get an error 20997 from crystal reports? I am using visual basic 6?

I'm using visual basic 6, and I send reports from crystal reports 8, in some pc I get this message error "20997".


This happens only with some reports, and it doesn't happen in all the pc

What can I do when I get an error 20997 from crystal reports? I am using visual basic 6?
cpeaut32 is a dll file it may be that it is missing or has became corrupted or improperly installed.





First, I would do a search for cpeaut32.dll and see what you find. If found, I would try running regsvr32 and see what kind of message you get. From the Start menu, Run, regsvr32 cpeaut32.dll this will attempt to register the dll.





If not found then you know there is an install problem. Also, I would look at the help documentation for developers that came with Crystal Reports. There is a section in there addressing dependencies, redistributables, and related information.


No comments:

Post a Comment