Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why doesn't my Visual Basic 6 database application with DAO work anymore?

I made a database application in Visual Basic sometime around 2002 on a machine running Windows 2000 and Office 97. I'm now on Windows XP with Office XP. It uses DAO (current ver 3.51) and Data Bound List Controls (current ver 6.0). I don't know which versions of these I used when I compiled it back in 2002. The compiled version works fine. But now when I recompile it with only cosmetic changes it doesn't work. When it updates a record, it puts the information in the wrong field! Is there some simple fix? Do I need to load earlier versions of something? Or can someone point me to a website that describes how to fix my application to work on WinXP with Office XP.

Why doesn't my Visual Basic 6 database application with DAO work anymore?
'm not positive but I believe Office XP no longer supports DAO...using ADO instead. If your VB6 application hits an Access97 database it will work fine, but hitting any Access version after that will be problematic. Try loading an Access97 version of your db.
Reply:DAO still works... MS Office 2000 and up need version 4.0


No comments:

Post a Comment